Saturday, September 24, 2011

CATFISH CAPER RIDE 9-24 THRU 9-25-2011

Day 1:
Got up early this morning for our overnight ride, I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep very well and was up and down all night long and finally called it a morning and got up at 4am did the usual morning routine by letting the dogs out, giving them their medicines, and feeding them for the morning.  My husband finally got up around 5am and started his morning, finished packing, and he started loading the bike up for the weekend trip. 

I made sure that I had plenty of warm clothes on so that I will stay warm.  This is the first year that I have ridden in temperatures below 70 degrees, I get cold so easy, and it did not sound like fun to me to be out in the cool air, however, I have completely enjoyed the cool air.  Well I know it is going to get a lot colder but time will tell if I have the true spirit of riding when it gets colder than 50.  I have learned that being in the fresh air can do the soul and body good.  We mounted up and headed out to Harley Davidson North Side with a slight little morning detour, we decided to meet up with some of the HOG Members for breakfast at a local Bob Evans Restaurant.  We were the first to arrive; after being immediately seated, hot coffee was on the menu along with the food.  It was a very short cold ride into town.  Shortly after ordering part of the group came trickling in.  As we were leaving the restaurant it started to rain, we mounted the bike and headed for the dealership.  As everyone started arriving, it was time to take some pictures, our Director arrived, and finally the whole group was ready to roll.  
 

The directions for our weekend trip was handed out, and safety rules were gone over, it was time to head out on the open road.  At one of our gas stops, one of our newest members had a slight problem getting her bike started and after some help, she was able to get back on the road.  It was nice to get off the bike and stretch the legs out.  The break ended quickly and we were on the road again, the weather did it’s best to dampen our spirits but Mother Nature has no idea who she is messing with, because we all enjoyed the ride even if the rain came and went numerous times. 







The ride out for our first destination was The Silver Moon in West Union, IL.  This was an awesome restaurant with wonderful staff and we were all starving so as we always do, stuffing ourselves was first priority, some more than others.  They saved room for the next stop that was the dessert stop at our Directors sister house.  We arrived and the dessert was awesome, numerous kinds of cheesecakes that was out of this world.  We stayed here for a while socializing with all our friends and having a blast, some of the member’s headed back to Indy and the rest of us decided it was time to get back on the open road and head to the hotel for the night which was located in Evansville, IN.  As we headed out Mother Nature was at it again and we had to pull over into a gas station so some of the riders could fuel up and get on rain gear and change out helmets.  We finally made it to the hotel drenched, tired, and ready to check in and rest.  My husband and I shared a room with a couple to split the expense of the hotel room.  We were on our own for dinner, some decided to go to a restaurant named Bar Louie and we decide to go to Texas Roadhouse, both in walking distance of the hotel.








We got a chance to meet several of the new members of the Chapter, it is always nice to get to know new people, I am horrible with names but great with faces until I have been around people for a few times.  Everyone in this group is awesome and we had a blast at dinnertime.  With our bellies full, it was time to walk back to the hotel, the days ride and fresh air has certainly tired the body and mind.  My husband and I headed up to the room and jumped into our PJ’s, with me in my monkey pants and him in his moose pants, it was time to relax and chill out.  Our roommates came in and decided it was time to do the same; we left the room so they could get in their PJ’s as well.  We came back into the room and Shiz & I decided to go to another room to socialize with some of the other HOG members while the guys chilled out and watched TV.  It gave me a chance to get to socialize with some familiar faces this was my moment to get to know more of our brothers and sisters.  I love gatherings like this; I am a little social butterfly you know.  I had a blast and have become closer to those in our group.  It was getting late and time to hit the bed for some much needed rest.  Stay tuned for day 2 write-up to follow.  Wasn't able to get to many pictures as the rain would have ruined my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment