Saturday, July 9, 2011

"The Raptor Ride"

After our monthly HOG Chapter meeting a ride was scheduled to go to the Raptor Center in Southern Indiana.  Our group was so big it was decided that we would split up into two groups for safer ride.

We headed out in the second group, it was a HOT day.  I am just sitting back enjoying the ride looking at all the natural beauty around me, people in cars waving as we passed by and I indeed wave back, I get a kick out of it and it makes me smile.  While riding I enjoy taking lots of pictures of various things and to a lot of people it may not mean a thing but to me when I look back through my pictures I can remember each ride and the enjoyment that i felt at that particular point in time.

Here we are at our first rest stop about 1/4 of the way to our destination:



After we got something cold to drink we all mounted up and took off towards our lunch destination which was to be at the "Log Cabin Inn" Restaurant.  Here we had and awesome lunch and had a great time getting to know some other people in the Chapter that we had not met before.  Of course every ride would not be complete without some great food and great friends who hit the awesome roads together! Below are some pictures I took along the way:










Now that lunch was done and it was time to get back on the road, some of the chapter members headed out in different directions because they had other plans.  The rest of us continued on towards the Raptor Center to see the presentation of "Birds of Prey".  This was at an Indiana State Park that I had never heard of, and that isn't any surprise because I only know of the ones that I have been to which are the bigger ones.  We pulled into the park and found the shelter house that the Birds of Prey were at.  What an awesome day this had been so far.  I learned so much about the birds and things I never knew about.  This was a very educational day to say the least.   Below are some pictures of the "Birds of Prey" that were presented to us.  Once the presentation was over it was back home to relax, but we took some awesome roads in southern Indiana and landed in Nashville, IN for dinner.  After dinner, we headed to the interstate to head home as it was getting late and we needed to get back to our dogs.  This was another great day to put done in the books.








No comments:

Post a Comment